Sunday, May 2, 2010


TIME TO PLANT!

SPRING is here!!!! Yeah! For many of you this is the time of year you begin to think about planting your gardens. Flower gardens, filled with beautiful and colorful flowers. Vegetable gardens made up of row-after-row of one kind of veggie or another. Both take tender-loving-care if they are going to produce a good crop.


I am not much of a gardener. Not because I do not enjoy a garden, but I do not have a nice sunny place in which to plant either flowers or vegetables. Anything I plant at my home needs to be something that will grow in the SHADE – and trust me – there isn’t much out there that requires “shade only” to grow. Thus, my home boasts shrubbery.


Yet, God DOES require me to plant a garden. A vegetable garden at that! This garden requires neither sun nor shade. These veggies prefer to grow in an obedient and committed heart. Here are the vegetables God desires to see planted into our lives:


5 rows of Peas “P”

Preparedness – 1 Peter 3:15

Purity – Matthew 5:8

Perseverance – Hebrews 10:36

Peace – Colossians 3:15

Prayer – 1 Thessalonians 5:17


3 rows of Squash

Squash gossip – Psalm 19:14

Squash criticism – Proverbs 16:24

Squash indifference – Isaiah 7:9


4 rows of Lettuce

Let-us be faithful – Proverbs 28:20a

Let-us draw near to God – Hebrews 10:22

Let-us love one another – 1 Peter 1:22

Let-us encourage one another – Hebrews 10:25


Scripture tells us in Galatians 6:7b – “….A man reaps what he sows.” I truly want to reap the above veggies in my life, therefore, I think I better get busy and do some planting. How about you? Have you taken time to plant these in the garden of your life? How well are they growing? Do they need weeding? Do they need nurturing? May God help you to have an abundant crop of “P’s” and Squash and “Let-us” in your life.


FRITO CORN SALAD


2 16-oz cans corn (drained

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

1 cup diced green pepper

1 cup diced red pepper

1 16-oz jar Hellman’s Mayo (not Miracle Whip)

1 bag Frito’s Corn Chips (Chili Cheese flavor if you can find them)


Mix all together except the Frito’s. Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in the Frito’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment