Saturday, May 22, 2010


REJOICE!

I am presently reading the New Living Translation ”God Sightings” - a read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year study. This morning the Psalm which was to be read was Psalm 118. I had to stop at verse 24 and meditate on it for a moment. Verse 24 says, “This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.”


I was thinking of all the things going on in my life and the life of my family, and for a brief moment I thought, “Not much to rejoice about this morning.” God very quickly whispered into my heart and said, “Oh yes you do. Think about it.”


And I did. And God was right. Even in the midst of trials, testing, disappointments, and frustration – there is much to rejoice about. Because of my little “nudge” from God, I began listing all those things I could rejoice over.

1. My sins have been forgiven.

2. I know I have eternal life.

3. God will never leave me or forsake me.

4. I have a great husband and children.

5. I have a loving church family.

6. God is my refuge and fortress when I need him to be.

7. God gives me new strength every day, to meet the challenges of that day.


And I was just getting started on my list! Yes, indeed, “This is the day the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it.”

What do you have to rejoice over today? Why not make your own list and then take the time to thank God for everything mentioned. As you pray, the Holy Spirit may add things to your list that you had not previously thought about. This Psalms ends with these words, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Perhaps the greatest reason for rejoicing – HE WILL LOVE ME FOREVER!


EASY SUMMER DESSERT (especially for kids)

Preheat oven to 350

24 graham crackers

1 cup butter

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 cup chopped pecans


Place crackers on baking sheet. In a saucepan, bring butter and sugar to a boil. Boil EXACTLY 3 minutes. Add pecans and spoon over the crackers. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. While warm, cut crackers in half, remove from cookie sheet and place on waxed paper. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment