Sunday, May 9, 2010


PRESCRITION FOR LIVING!

I spoke at a mother/daughter brunch Saturday. I had driven about an hour from the church when I realized I left my Bible there. I chose not to return to the church but decided to find an alternate way for them to get my Bible to me. I have had to resort to an old Bible I have (without all my current notes) and it seems very strange.


I kept asking myself “Why did God let me forget my Bible?” and the answer became apparent to me this morning as I was sitting in church (with my old Bible in my lap). There before me, marked on the pages of Jude, was my devotional for this week. Yeah God!!


As a believer, we want to be healthy in our walk with God. Tucked within the pages of Jude is a “prescription for living” which I would like to share with you. JUDE 20-23 – “But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear – hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.”


PRESCRIPTION:

1. “Build yourselves up…” – Fill your heart and mind with the knowledge of Jesus as you

read his Word, letting this knowledge grow you in your faith and your walk with

Him.

2. “Pray in the Holy Spirit….” – It is only through the power of the Spirit that we can live

a faithful and obedient life. It is through the Spirit that our lives are fruitful.

3. “Keep yourselves in God’s love…..” – Stay within the boundaries where God’s love can

reach you and bless you.

4. “Wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus…..” – Whatever you do wait, with patience, for

the eternal life that Jesus, in his mercy, will give to you.


PROPER USE OF THIS PRESCRIPTION WILL CAUSE US TO…….

1. Minister to the doubters – be merciful to them as your share the gospel.

2. Minister to sinners – those who are eternally lost need to know about God’s love.

3. Minister to those who are repulsive, corrupt – don’t fear them, but be merciful toward

them. They need Jesus. They need you to tell them.


Jude offers these words of encouragement….”To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”


For best results, take daily.

****************************************************

MANDARIN LETTUCE SALAD

Dressing: 1 tsp. salt

4 Tbsp. vinegar

¼ tsp. pepper

½ cup oil

4 Tbsp. sugar

2 tsp. parsley

Mix together well and set aside.


Salad: 1 head lettuce

1-1/2 cup sliced almonds

1 cup chopped celery

½ cup. chopped scallions

1 can drained Mandarin orange slices, cut in half


Mix salad ingredients together. Just before serving, pour dressing over all and stir well. (Add a little at a time to suit your taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment