Sunday, May 30, 2010


GOD’S PROMISES!

How often do you pause in your busy day and think about all God has done for you, and all he has promised you? I was reminded of this when I came across a verse in Psalm 119:65 which says, “You have done many good things for me, Lord, just as you promised.” (NLT)

As I contemplated this verse, and this thought, I was prompted to list some of the many wonderful things God has done - and the promises God has – just for me. May I share some of my favorites with you?

a. Romans 8:1 – “So now, there is NO condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.” (NLT)

b. Philippians 4:13 – “I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.” (NLT)

c. Hebrews 13:5 – “I will never fail you, I will never forsake you.” (NLT)

d. John 16:24 – “Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.” (NLT)

e. John 14:27 – “I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn’t like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” (NLT)

f. James 4:8 – “Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.” (NLT)

g. Isaiah 43:2-3a – “When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One….” (NLT)


These are seven out of a list of hundreds that I share with you today. May I encourage you to make your own list? Think of the many promises God has in his Holy Book written just for you. Write them down. List the ways God has been good to you. Take time to thank God for what you have listed. Let these words encourage your heart today.

SUMMER DESSERT

1 48-oz. can of Apricot Nectar

1 prepared Angel Food Cake

1 cup whipping cream – whipped

7 Tbsp. cornstarch


Remove 1 cup of the nectar – add 7 Tbsp. of corn starch to this. Stir until smooth. Bring the rest of the nectar to a boil, gradually add the cornstarch mixture. Cook until thickened. Cool.

Break cake into bite size pieces and spread into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour cooled nectar over the cake. Refrigerate. Cut and serve, topped with whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. You always have such great insight into the scriptures which encourage me.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete