Sunday, April 25, 2010


One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 121. Today in Sunday School we referred to this passage. Let me share this passage with you:


”I live up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.


He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber;

indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.


The Lord watches over you – the Lord is your shade at your right hand;

the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.


The Lord will keep you from all harm – he will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”


God seemed to whisper these thoughts into my heart.

1. FIVE times God reminds me that “he is watching over me.” I find this very encouraging – knowing God loves me enough to keep a close watch on my life.

2. EIGHT times God gives me His promise:

God is there to help me – God the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let my foot slip,

God does not slumber

God does not sleep

God is my shade

God keeps me from all harm

God watches over my life

God watches over me as I come, as I go – indeed – forever.

I love it when God makes a promise to me – and I know He will keep his promises because “God cannot lie.” (Numbers 23:19 – NLT)

3. I also find FOUR marvelous Names of my God written within this text:

Paragraph one we find ELOHIM – our Creator God.

Paragraph two we find EL ROI – the God Who Sees.

Paragraph three we find IMMANUEL – God With Us

Paragraph four we find EL OLAM – the Eternal God


May you be encouraged today in knowing how lovingly and faithfully your Heavenly Father cares for you, securing his love by giving you these marvelous promises.


FROSTY STRAWBERRY SQUARES (very yummy but takes a little time to make)


1 cup flour

¼ cup packed brown sugar

½ cup chopped walnuts

½ cup melted margarine


In a bowl, mix these ingredients together; spread evenly into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool.


When cool, remove 1/3 of the mixture. Evenly spread the remaining mixture in the 9 x 13 pan.


2 egg whites

1 10-oz. frozen strawberries, partially thawed

¾ cup sugar

2 tbsp. lemon juice

1 cup whipping cream, whipped or a 14-1/2 oz. Cool Whip, thawed.


In mixer, or large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, berries and lemon juice. Beat at low speed until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 10-12 minutes.


Fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip. Spoon over crumb mixture in pan; top with reserved crumbs. Freeze 6 hours, or overnight. Cut into squares. Decorate with fresh strawberries, if desired. Serves 12-15. A very refreshing dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn:
    Great meditation! Thank you!
    I have this recipe, too - it is well worth the effort - yummmmmmm!!!
    Love, Inge

    ReplyDelete