Sunday, May 1, 2011


Jesus, My Guide
(Recipe: Key Lime Dessert)

I heard a message this morning in church on “Choices”. It is our choice whether we will follow Jesus down the narrow road which leads to eternal life; or the wide road which leads to eternal death. Herod Antipas (Mark 6:14ff) took the wide road. His life ended in destruction. The sermon was a reminder to me that I must make sure I am letting Jesus be the one who guides me every day; making the choice to allow him to lead me on the narrow road.

Over the weekend I spoke at a women’s seminar. It was held in a tiny, country church in western Pennsylvania. We opened the event with a time of worship. I found their song selections refreshing for each song they sung was an old hymn – something we don’t sing all that often anymore. As I was thinking about these two events – the message and the old hymns – a song I used to sing when we were ministering on Staten Island came to mind. It is a wonderful reminder to me of the importance of following Jesus anywhere he would lead us. Letting Jesus be our guide through life. I would like to share this wonderful old hymn with you. May it be your prayer for your future as well.

ANYWHERE WITH JESUS

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go; Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade; Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.

Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone; Other friends may fail me, He is still my own;
Though His hand may lead me over dreary ways, Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise.

Anywhere with Jesus I can go to sleep, When the darkening shadows round about me creep;
Knowing I shall waken never more to roam, Anywhere with Jesus will be home, sweet home.

CHORUS:
Anywhere! Anywhere! Fear I cannot know;
Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.

Psalm 73:23-26, 28 – “Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever….But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.”

Key Lime Dessert

Preheat oven to 350
1 package Oatmeal Cookie Mix
½ cup butter
2 can sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup lime juice
2 8-oz. containers of cool whip
2 6-oz. Key Lime Pie Yogurt
1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
½ cup strawberries
green food coloring, if desired

Put cookie mix into a bowl. Cut the butter into it until it is crumbly. Press this mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. COOL.

Beat milk and lime juice until thick. Remove 1 cup of the cool whip from one container and fold the rest into the milk mixture, yogurt and food coloring. Mix well. Spoon into COOLED crust. Cover and refrigerate. Garnish with a dollop of cool whip and fresh strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment