Sunday, March 14, 2010


God is my Hope

“As the deer pants for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.” (Psalm 42:1, NLT)

In Psalm 42 and 43, we read a message written by the sons of Korah, who were temple musicians and assistants. Their message seems to be a progression of their walk and experience with God. I find their journey and walk with God very akin to my experiences as well.

In Psalm 42:1 we find a thirst to know the living God when we read, “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. “ When was the last time you were thirsty to know God; to spend time with God; to have fellowship with him?

When we reach Psalm 42:8 we read that God has become life to the writer, his everything. He shares, “By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me – a prayer to the God of my life.” God should be “our everything” as well. Not only does he give life – he IS life to all who know and trust him as their own.

The writer says in Psalm 43:4, “They will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.” Is God your delight? Delight is defined this way: ‘great pleasure; gratification; joy; something that gives great pleasure or enjoyment.’ Do you find great pleasure; experience wonderful joy, as you sit at the feet of Jesus? As you worship at his altar? Is Jesus your delight?

Finally, in God there is hope, Psalm 43:5. It does not matter where you find yourself today. It does not matter the circumstances surrounding your life. It does not matter how deep the valley you are going through at the moment – when you hunger for God; when God is your very life; when you find delight in walking with Jesus – your journey is a journey filled with much hope because you intimately know the God of Hope. Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” Psalm 43:5.

CRANBERRY CHICKEN

4 chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces

1 package Dry Onion Soup Mix

1 8-oz bottle French Dressing

2 Tbsp. flour

1 large can jellied cranberry sauce

Cut chicken. In a bowl, combine rest of ingredients, mixing well. Put chicken into a large baking dish (or 9 x 13 pan) and pour sauce mix over all. (can use a slow cooker for this recipe as well). Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Serve chicken over cooked rice.

1 comment: