Thursday, March 28, 2013

HE IS RISEN!

EASTER! It is truly my favorite Christian holiday. Oh! the pain of what it must have been like to mourn the death of the One you loved so much, knowing he was buried and you would no longer be able to see him. You may even have cried, “It isn’t fair! This should never have happened!” No, it should not have happened, but it did. Because we are sinners, it had to happen. Someone had to pay the price for sin – that Someone was Jesus.

Picture with me the despair in the hearts of the women as they approached the tomb. They were coming to do a good thing, anoint the body of Jesus, yet I’m sure they were thinking, “Where is all the good in this?”

Imagine their joy and delight; amazement and wonder when they arrived at the tomb and found the stone rolled away. Not only was it rolled away; an angel sat upon it. Dazzling in white! Waiting in anticipation of their coming so he could announce to them, “He is not here, He is risen!”

At that moment, did they grasp what the angel was really saying? I’m not sure I would have. I am a visual learner, and, like Thomas, I would have had to see to believe. One day very soon, they would see their risen Savior. They could believe again that all was well. What joy!!

Life – eternal life – is wrapped up in those three words, He Is Risen! He Is Risen, Indeed!

He Lives

I serve a risen Saviour, He’s in the world today: I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, And just the time I need Him He’s always near.

In all the world around me I see His loving care, And tho’ my heart grows weary, I never will despair.
I know that He is leading thro’ all the stormy blast, The day of His appearing will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing. Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find, None other is so loving, so good and kind.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives! He lives within my heart.

“Don’t be alarmed,” the angel said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.” - Mark 16:6

Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup

1 -16-oz. dried green split peas, rinsed
2 C. cubed fully cooked ham
1 large onion, chopped
1 C. chopped carrots
½ tsp. crushed dried rosemary,
½ tsp. dried thyme
1- 32-oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 C. water

In slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment