Sunday, July 1, 2012

God is Always Good!

GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD! (Recipe: Fresh Strawberry Pie) IT HAS been awhile since I have posted on this site. A lot has happened in the last several months. As you may remember, in September 2011 I had open heart surgery. I was recovering from that when in April 2012 I was diagnosed with a tumor in my spine. On May 4 I had back surgery to remove the benign tumor. I am in the process of recovering from this surgery, working on my walking. Needless to say, my time has been a little preoccupied and writing a blog was not primary on my "list of things to do". However, this is all behind me, I am now ready to post a short message. I CAN tell you from experience that God is indeed faithful. Satan would cause my heart to doubt, but God would remind me of words he spoke when he said "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5), Satan would flee and peace would come. During moments when I felt my strength was gone, God whispered into my heart "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31). There were moments in the hospital when I felt fearful and discouraged that I might not walk again, and I could hear God saying "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10). And the promises of my favorite passage, Psalm 23, which reads like this: (NLT) 'THE LORD is MY shepherd; (he is a personal shepherd, lovingly watching over us) I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. (God longs to lead us, wants to lead us, begs to lead us - the question is, do I follow him or go my own way?) He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. (How many times I wanted to say, "Why God? Why two surgeries in 8 months? But I didn't because God was leading me along a right path that would ultimately bring him honor and glory). Even when I walk through the darkest valley, (what is your dark valley?). I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. (Did you catch this? God is walking beside you; with you through your valley, close beside you - always!). Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me, in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." (God has your back!! He pursues us from behind, watching as we walk the path He has chosen for us, making sure we don't stumble or fall, and if we do he is right there ready to pick us up.) DO YOU see it? God has you covered - front, back and in between. His promises can be counted on to be true. He is faithful. He is loving. And no matter what trial you may be going through today, God is there with you, will always be there with you, and longs to have you trust that He does indeed know what is best for you. He does this so you can one day turning your "test into a testimony", your "mess into a message" - all bringing glory to the holy name of God. May God help you and encourage you today to "keep pressing on" for the glory of God. FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked 1 cup white sugar 3 tablespoons strawberry flavored gelatin mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup boiling water 2 pints strawberries, cleaned and stemmed 2 cups whipping cream (optional) Combine sugar, gelatin, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in boiling water. Boil mixture for 3 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly. Cool completely. Arrange whole strawberries in pastry shell. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Chill before serving. Top with whipped cream. PS. HELP! I guess in my absence things have been changed on how to enter a new blog on my Blog Site and I can't figure out how to get the spacing down right. Do any of you have the answer? I can't even figure out how to contact Blogger - LOL! Guess I am NOT computer savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment